Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Sold the memory...

Just a week ago, a few people from the "buy and sell" business went to our place. they were my dad's old friends actually. i just woke up so i went to the dining room to eat, they were talking in the living room but i wasn't listening. a few minutes later they left, and i heard our 1992 lancer glxi(lancer, "shaguar" according to my college & village friends) was turned on and left! my dad actually sold the 12-year old car! for 105,000 bucks thats quite a bargain! they just have to suffer the consequences though; hard startings early in the morning, di-tadyak na aircon, bulok na speakers, sudden engine breakdowns, noisy fan belts, weak shock absorbers(even a little kid sitting at the back could make the car lowered), unchangeable radio stations, tatlong iba't ibang klaseng airfresheners na nka lagay at nakaka-hilo na ang amoy and many more to mention! this car, totally sucked! how i wished xzibit could just pimp my ride! haha! but despite all the ailments, this car has served us for 12-years, and it always FAILED me! haha, but i still love this car!

just like that, as i watched the car being driven away all the memories just flashed through my eyes. haha naks! drama nun ah! from the day i first held my hands on the wheel till' the day i fell asleep while driving and crashed into a revo in EDSA. worse, my dad was with me. speaking of crashes, ive had a few... MAJOR ones! however, only God knows how many "hit and runs" ive been to, haha! seriously! ask my friends, they were with me during those times. to me, those were memories... to my dad, those were heartaches! he could never make the car good-looking, coz everytime he repaints it, boom may gasgas o bangga nanaman.. tsk tsk... i too, failed the lancer. admittedly, i suck at driving. i sucked and i was unlucky. thats why i was never able to bring my car during college coz everytime i get the permission and trust, something happens and back to square 1 again. hanggang tahanan nanaman uli. for 4 years it was like that, on every accident my dad would always say, "ok dating gawi". right now, everytime i bring the car out car, my dad is dropdead worried about the car and calls me every minute, every hour checking up on the car. i went out without the car, no calls, no worries, it just shows hes more concerned with the car. haha.

i was pretty shocked that my dad sold it, he loved that car more than i did. im also shocked someone bought it, but i learned from my dad a while ago that the buyer doesnt know anything about the hard starting shit. haha, goodluck syo pre! if my dad told me about selling the car earlier, i couldve convinced him not to. this car gave me identity(an image kumbaga) and something to talk about during inuman. i was the dude whose car really sucked. for those who don't know, my car used to look like a jaguar, it had mascilla all over it. my dad placed them to hide those mini scratches i made. thats why Isa gave the name "Shaguar". It looked really bad, like a piece of shit i should say. you ain't gettin any dates with this look. btw, after my first accident, the bumper fell off and my dad used a big chain to tie it back in place! now thats ugly! ikinahihiya ko pre! seriously, everytime im dropped off at school everyone stares at that fuckin huge chain man! and its all because of me!

here some of the major accidents:
1. 2000 - while changing lanes i bumped into a 1975 corona
2. 2001 - bumped the back of a 1997 honda civic
3. 2003 - in an intersection, i crashed into a 2002 honda accord
4. 2004 - i fell asleep in edsa then i crashed into a revo

minor:
1. 2001 - bumped noel's honda civic while reversing, it was his brothers' shit
2. 2004 - reversed at a 1998 toyota corolla in a parking lot at KSP grille

there are many more to mention, but God only knows. :)

but then again, despite all those bad things i said and did to the car... it has served me, my village friends, college friends, officemates bandmates and ofcourse my family. it gave us all memories. oh yeah, si marifosque and davao boy! they rode the car as well! hell yeah! we had adventures with the lancer too! i would like to include more but its too long already. just ask me in person, i have a lot to say about this car. too many memories! i could actually write a book about it, theres just a lot to say.

right now ive been promoted into driving my cousin's honda civic that we bought a few months ago, so far no scratches, no bumps, no accidents. ive been praying that my so-called "glorious days" with the lancer will not happen with the civic. please pray for me too. thats all folks :)

peace \m/

2 Comments:

Blogger aine said...

shux jp!!! oo nga noh...ang tagal na pla nung lancer. no wonder ang tagal mo mag blog kagabe. hehehe! anyway, atleast, all the memories of that car stay's in ur heart and d ko tlga makakalimutan ung 5kph going to jihan's place. wahahaha!

5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good for you but kawawa nman nakabili dude! ill not be surprise if one day mag call sa dad mo yung frend nya about it.

better start driving safely.

chuchu!

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home